Monday, March 18, 2013

New Dota 2 Concept art

So I had a look at the new Dota 2 concept art of the last few characters that are slated to be added to the character roster. Six of the twelve of the remaining characters from the original Warcraft III mod have received concept art. And I won't lie, it looks pretty damn good.

I will show these and tell you what I like. And maybe what I don't. I dunno. S'magic.



       ABYSSAL UNDERLORD:


Abyssal Underlord was originally named Pit Lord in the original Dota, but has received a name change due to copyright issues. That's fine. I like the new name better. Sounds fearsome.

The original character in the first Dota.

If I had to pick a favourite here, it would be the very first one, at the top. Although ALL of them look amazing. It's like Slark wearing Nyx Assassin armour, except this Slaryx can also control the element of FIRE.

Just think about that for a second.

That's god-damn beautiful.



ELDER TITAN:


Originally named Tauren Chieftain, renamed again for copyright issues. Not much to say here, except I would hate to face that thing in battle, God. That thing will eat you as a snack. That's right. A god-damn snack. Just look at it.



My personal favourite? The second one. Plain menacing. Would you steal his cookies? No. I don't think you would.



LEGION COMMANDER:


Originally male in the Warcraft III mod, and the only gender change so far in the transition between the two games. This has riled quite a few people up for reasons I don't quite understand. (This game could always do with more women, right?)

Besides, maybe her new ultimate will be making everyone on her team a sandwich! I'd dig that.



SKYWRATH MAGE:

In the first Dota he rode a dragon/bird thing. This is no longer the case as his lore coincides with Vengeful Spirit's (it's also no secret that he has the hots for her.) And they belong to a race of bird people. Which is really kinda neat.


He is totally getting laid by Vengeful Spirit one of these days.



GOBLIN TECHIES:


The techies, everyone from here to Alabama wants these guys in Dota 2 as soon as possible. They're on their way, I'm sure. 



Also, their suicide bombing attack does 1550 damage at max level. Let me say that again. They have a suicide bombing attack that does 1550 damage at max level.

You're already dead.


Okay, I've been saving my very favourite for last.



ABADDON:


Can you just- Can you just look at this motherfucker for just a second. Just look at him.

Do you even know what he is? I don't. But he's bad-to-the-ass.

First off, he's riding a ice-bird-horse-thing, if you haven't ripped out your intestines in pure glorious amazement already then you have no soul.

He probably tamed that thing with that kick-ass sword of his. (which in the original Dota was the Frostmourne. And we all know how awesome that sword is.)




Also, just look at Abaddon himself. He looks just like his ability set, like he really lives off borrowed time and his physical form is fading and his badassery only grows stronger.


Of course, his beta texture files has a face.



Of course, that is the beta texture files, maybe it's changed by now, or will be. And even if it isn't, I'm sure having a face on Abaddon will flesh out his personality more. I have total faith that if Valve are going to do it, Valve are going to do it right.

And if they don't, well. We'll sort that out, won't we?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Objectively speaking scrolling down this far was your first mistake.

What are you doing here, really?