Tuesday, January 20, 2015

SHIT'S FUCKED, YO.

Hey I'm not dead I just couldn't think of anything to write about.

So if you've ever read a single page of this blog (and why would you?)  you've probably noticed by way of behavioral instability, undying thirst for vengeance and getting really upset about no MOTHER 3 representatives in the new smash. You may have come to the realization that I'm...uhhhh...

Unhinged.

Crazy, insane, wuh wuh wuh wacky. I could go on.

But sure, despite all this I've always felt that I've shared a sense of unity with my own mind, I'm not talking zen here, I just mean that my brain isn't actively against me. Sure we enjoy screwing around with each other, I like to subject it to awful shit on the internet and it doesn't let me sleep ever. It's subconscious witty banter and the like.

But that kinda changed last night.

I have two kinds of dreams, I believe there are examples of both also in this blog.

1. Completely abstract and surreal, revolves around nothing in particular, can go literally anywhere.
2. Follows a (barely) coherent story, tends to imply messages and themes.

I also have two different kinds of nightmares.

1. Torture session.
2. Sightly more coherent longer torture session.

Sometimes (albeit rarely) I have follow up dreams that continue from one of my previous dreams, this has happened in the same night, on the next day, and once months and months from the original dream. My nightmares have never really followed suit on this.

But that kinda changed last night. (See I did that again pretty cool, huh?)

The first night I must have had eight or so nightmares, each one becoming more and more vivid and more and more clear in it's goals, to scare the shit out of me. It had succeeded, but nightmares are nightmares, right? I didn't really think about it.

What really stuck with me though, was the sort of transitions between nightmares, it would be me 'waking up' in my room, with each nightmare it became more and more convincing, like it was learning how to trick me, it had even nailed that dreary sort of vision when you first wake up and you're all like "just five more minutes please."

These transitions ended in all kinds of ways, sometimes I would think nothing of it and go back to 'sleep,' sometimes I'd get up and go into the living room where I'd find lots of dead bodies, Or I'd stay in my bed as I started to realize I wasn't awake.

But like I said, nightmares are just nightmares, right? No biggie, and it's not like it's the first time it does that fake wake up thing, it's happened plenty of times.

But the next night is what really fucked with me.

The first nightmare was me playing Five Nights at Freddy's 3. Except it wasn't, it was sort of like an ARG (Sort of like how they changed Portal's ending to lead into Portal 2.) Five Nights at Freddy's 2 had changed to lead into FNAF3.

It was 6AM, Freddy Fazbear's Pizzeria had been reduced to ruins, singed and destroyed animatronics were littered on the ground. My objective? Get in my car, drive out of the parking lot and GTFO of there. Easy, right? Except you were playing a FNAF game, and for whatever reason you felt obliged to check the passenger seat for some spooky robot trying to kill you in it's final machine breaths. But you can't. It's 6AM. They're all dead.

You've won.

I've always loved it when video games blend the story with game mechanics in such a way to make a point. Like that scene in Hotline Miami, when you respawn even though it doesn't make sense, you just got shot by a rat looking motherfucker in your own house. MOTHERFUCKER YOU DEAD.

Stranger still, I wasn't actually playing this game- Well, I was. But at the same time I was watching a youtuber playing it. Complete with face-cam so you can see every time they're like AAH SO SCARY. I could actually skip forward into the video while still playing the game, I was basically fast forwarding time. And you know how they give you a little preview if you hover over a certain time in a YouTube video. Yeah, well I could see a jumpscare into the future and just kinda skipped it like that. Huh.

And then I wake up and go back to sleep or whatever I don't even know.

The next nightmare was the kicker though, I was in a house with two concerned parents, some motherfucker was like openly mocking them for having a severe down-syndrome kid. I'm talking like serious brain damage, barely alive, always in severe pain for the rest of his life. It's sort of a gray area whether or not that kind of person should be 'put to sleep.'

As a morally just and caring person I immediately console these two parents, which was a big fucking mistake because they were both completely insane. The mother was on a serious hair trigger and would probably tear out my jugular if I said the wrong thing. The father was just odd and burst out into rap at points. This situation became increasingly more uncomfortable and tense until I 'woke up' for the last time.

Everything was fine, but I could see odd things happening in my peripheral vision, until eventually I felt a burning sensation, looking down, I could see and feel my flesh melting away. As it bubbled and warped I hear a loud shrill voice: "ARE YOU READY FOR MORE FUN?!"

No I certainly fucking wasn't, I started panicking and woke up for realsies. For hours I refused to go back to sleep in fear of what could happen next. The way my nightmares became increasingly more malevolent over the course of two days was terrifying.

so yeah fuck sleep im staying awake forever



No comments:

Post a Comment

Objectively speaking scrolling down this far was your first mistake.

What are you doing here, really?